Excellence in Teaching – Nomination deadline extended to March 16
Have you ever wondered what you can do to show support to the field of early care and education in San Francisco – particularly in settings that have potential to close the opportunity gaps that exist for children of color. One way is to nominate an educator for the Teaching for Excellence award. You can do this alone, or with other teachers/directors. They may be people who seemingly go unnoticed but make the world of difference to children in their interactions. It may be the teacher out in front bringing in new ideas or committed to inquiry, nature, music. It is the teacher who all the families feel welcomed by and brings community into the classroom. It may be the “baby whisperer”! There are so many ways to shine.
Please help us to make their excellence visible by nominating them for our 5th annual Excellence in Teaching Awards (2018).
We invite you to nominate a teacher you admire.
Nominees must meet the following criteria:
- Currently working at an Early Learning Schools or Family Child Care that is funded by the City and County of San Francisco.
- Nominees must work at least 25 hours each week in the classroom as a teacher.
- Have taught early childhood education for a minimum of three years.
- Be nominated by a person affiliated with the program (coach, parent, board member, director, colleague, co-teacher)
- Be working in a program in good standing with licensing.
The Link to the nomination form is: http://www.surveymonkey.com/r/EIT2018 (A pdf copy of the nomination form can be requested)
Nomination deadline has been extended to March 16 at 5pm.
You may also submit your nomination form by Email – email@example.com
Mail – Attn: Winnie Kwei
First 5 San Francisco
1390 Market Street, Suite 318 San Francisco, CA 94102
Click to view last year’s 2017 winners! http://qualityconnections.first5sf.org/first-5-san-francisco-excellence-in-teaching-awards-2017/